Terms and Conditions
for Home Learning (Online/Distance) Courses offered by
Therapy Training Course
It is understood that all students must read and agree to the following terms and conditions before being accepted for Home Learning (Online/Distance) Training Courses. (All purchases are made via our website which means that these terms and conditions will have been read, understood and agreed to by every student as a necessary step before being able to complete the purchase of any course).
Please note: The terms 'Home Learning', 'Distance Learning' and 'Online Courses' are hereby understood to be synonymous.
After sales service
After purchasing a Therapy Training Courses Home Learning Training Course all students will be provided with:
- Password access to full training course materials (in PDF format) in their chosen therapy.
- Option to purchase a printed copy of their Home Learning Training Course manual.
- Assistance and advice via e-mail to get up and running with the course.
- Access to tutorial videos of techniques (where available) for learning purposes. These will be a chargeable service provided via the Vimeo service.
- Access to a select range of recommended products required for delivering a range of therapies.
On-line theory test
Before students can proceed with their case study it is essential that they pass their theory test. All test papers must be completed on-line. Reiki students must also have scheduled and received their Distance Attunement at each level before proceeding with the practical activities of the course.
Consultation and case study treatment requirements
Guidelines are given in each manual regarding how to conduct a case study as/when applicable. The following points are a general summary of requirements:
- A case study comprises one consultation form and one case study form (covering three separate treatments).
- A case study is a series of treatments that are to be delivered to a friend or family member (known as “the Recipient”) by the student. All case study treatments must be delivered to the SAME person. At this stage the student is not qualified to deliver the therapy professionally and should therefore not charge a fee to their case study 'client' for these treatments.
- Whilst the best case studies are those which address imbalances within the recipient, the recipient must be in a fit state to receive therapy. They should NOT have any contra-indications to receiving therapy.
- Recipients must receive the FULL therapy and commit to receiving the FULL NUMBER of therapy treatments specified and required for a case study.
- Recipients must agree to give full and complete feedback to the student after each therapy received so that complete course records can be submitted for marking.
- Recipients do not have to provide their GP details (unless GP permission is required), but Recipients must provide their mobile phone numbers via the consultation form. This is because Therapy Training Courses reserves the right to contact a cross-section of case study Recipients for the purpose of evidencing due dilligence.
- For any and all courses involving massage, students are required to use ONLY unscented massage cream and/or unscented grapeseed oil. In some cases (see course manuals for details) grapeseed oil may be blended with unscented massage cream.
- Students should NOT use essential oils on their recipients during their case study.
- Where products are required by the student in order to deliver therapy it is the responsibility of the student to purchase products which are safe.
- If the student provides insufficient detail in any part of their case study forms then their course will be marked as 'Incomplete: Retry'. This allows the student to add further details from their original case study and to re-submit their case study for marking. This option is FREE one time only. If the second attempt also contains insufficient detail then a nominal fee of £25.00 is charged for a third attempt. If the third submission is again insufficient then the student will have failed the course and be required to purchase it again before making further attempts to gain a pass.
- If the student submits a case study which evidences a breach (or breaches) of health and safety (or other clearly described treatment protocols) then they will be marked as 'Failed'. If the student wishes to submit a new case study (using a different case study Recipient) then there is a £40.00 fee for this service. If the second attempt also evidences any breach of H&S or treatment protocols then the student will be required to purchase the course again.
- We advise students to contact our administration team if they are in any doubt about how to conduct their case study.
Our guarantee to you
Therapy Training Courses guarantees to respond to all enquiries in a timely manner and in a polite fashion. We expect that each student will also communicate with us in a timely manner and in a polite fashion.
Permissible use of training materials
Therapy Training Courses offers practitioner training courses to students to provide them with the skills for delivering therapy. Our courses are not intended to permit students to deliver training courses themselves, therefore any and all course materials are intended only for reference purposes when delivering therapy. Unauthorised use of training materials will be seen as a serious breach of copyright.
All copyright and other intellectual copyrights of all printed and electronic training materials are owned by (or licensed by) Therapy Training Courses. Copying, adaptation or other use of all or any part of these materials without the express written permission of Therapy Training Courses is prohibited. We have a strict policy of prosecuting any and all infringements.
It is your own responsibility to ensure that the home learning course you have chosen will meet your individual needs and that it will be recognised by your preferred (or existing) insurer. We cannot offer a refund if having purchased the course you later discover that it does not meet your needs and/or that your preferred (or existing) insurer cannot provide cover.
Once you have made payment for your course and received access to your training materials we understand that the service has been commenced and therefore purchasers lose the right to cancel with refund. For further information see: (Exceptions to) Distance Selling Regulations 2000, (search via Google)
FAO: K. Hemmings
Therapy Training Courses, Suite 23, Ground Floor, 2 Baker Street, Fenton Old Town Hall, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 3AF
FAO: K. Hemmings
Available from Westminster Indemnity: www.insurance-therapytrainingschool.com
Other insurers worldwide may also provide cover for professional practice.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the responsibility of the student to arrange for insurance (and any applicable licence) for themselves in whichever area and country they wish to practice professionally.
Please note that The Guild of Holistic Therapists does not provide cover for Home Learning Courses.
If you are a practicing therapist and are already insured please check that your insurance company will extend your insurance to provide cover for a therapy which you have learned via a Home Learning Course.
Demands and Needs
Our Home Learning Courses are ideal should you wish to practice as a self-employed therapist. If however you intend to work within a salon or spa, particularly in central London (UK), you should ensure that our course diplomas are accepted by the establishment for which you wish to work. We also advise that you contact your local district council to find out what compliance may be required for you to practice as a therapist.
Our Home Learning Courses meet the demands and needs of an individual in the beauty and complementary therapy industry wishing to insure against public, products and professional treatment liability risks. However you will also need to decide if our diploma courses meet your individual requirements.